|Quartet of Cuisines|
Knysna's Quartet of Cuisines offers four unique culinary experiences in four breath-taking waterfront locations. Each restaurant is distinct in character and has its own special ambience, yet all share a commitment to delicious food, good service, great wines and attention to detail.|
Click here for more info »
Dinner at JJ's is a complete dining experience - with good food, extensive wine list, great hospitality and a little musical entertainment provided by the staff. Take away a great memory of your time at this restaurant. |
Click here for more info »
|Dining in Knysna|
- Anchorage: The Anchorage is a traditional seafood restaurant situated in the heart of Knysna with ample parking and access. The restaurants has been around for the past 20 years running under the same ownership making the Anchorage the oldest restaurant in Knysna.
- Pembreys: Peter and Viv Vadas, the cooks/patrons of Pembreys, have a total hands-on involvement - if they are not there, the restaurant does not open! Pembreys is arguably one of the best restaurants in the Greater Knysna Area.
- The Olive Tree: Its all about the food! Limited menu selection but the food is well prepared.
- Die Gieter: Located on the Phantom Pass Road, Die Gieter offers good wholesome food and reasonably priced wines.
- Café Mario: This Authentic Italian Café gastronomically infuses the palate with traditional Italian cuisine on the patio overlooking the water. Considered by many as the most popular restaurant in town, Café Mario serves intimate meals and hearty breakfasts complimented by reasonable Italian wines. A wonderful place to linger the day away, people watching and indulging in flavour infused Italian faire.
- Ile de Pain: For Liezie and Markus, île de païn is a world that includes all the small farmers, producers and others who have been handpicked to supply the uncompromisingly wholesome and flavourful ingredients essential to their art. Their philosophy of good craftsmanship, integrity and simplicity, rooted in a deep and sophisticated understanding; and their intention to share their enthusiasm and love for food and life with others - these are what draw so many people to île de païn. Guests respond to the energy of the place, and in turn fill it with life, adding to the unique experience that it is. To Markus and Liezie, île de païn is "more than food. It is our sanctuary, our playground, our canvas."
- Cruise Cafe is known for its fresh seafood and modern styled cuisine, a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional views of the Knysna Lagoon.
- Firefly Eating House: Dim sum, sushi, fragrant food, spice cuisine and curries: find SA’s best.
- East Head Café: East Head Café is more than just a café or coffee shop, it is a local Landmark where family and friends have a good time with good food and casual wine enjoying life. Situated on the rocks of the famous Eastern Head, East Head Café has the most spectacular view - looking directly through the Knysna Heads